Dumper Truck Hire Costs
Would it be better to buy your own dumper truck?
When considering dumper truck hire costs the first thing you want to ask yourself is would it be cheaper to just buy your own truck. This is not such an easy question to answer and much will depend on your own business circumstances. Unless you are considering a mini-dumper, the price of purchasing your own dumper truck can be exorbitantly high. It always makes sense to do some type of cost-benefit analysis making sure that you take into account all the maintenance and storage costs. A lot of people just would not be able to justify purchasing their own dumper truck and so elect to rent. Here are some of the advantages of hiring.
- You only have to hire the truck when you actually require it. There is no need for you to have your own truck just taking up space for much of the time. You use your hired dumper truck and give it back when you are finished.
- You can hire the type of dumper you want to match the particular specifications of the current job. You may have one project which would suit a rigid dumper truck, but your next job might better suit an articulated dumper truck. If you just purchase one dumper you are stuck with it.
- You don't have to worry about maintenance. You just pay your dumper truck hire costs and leave the rest of it to the hire company.
- You don't need to provide year-round storage. The fact that you only hire the truck when you need it means that there is less need for extended storage.
- It is usually the hire company's responsibility to fix the dumper truck if it breaks down.
- You don't need to worry about depreciation.
Things to consider in regards to dumper truck hire costs
Dumper truck hire costs can be kept to a minimum if you plan carefully and choose the correct dumper for the job.
- It is worth checking the different offers available. Some companies have special offers if you hire for more than a week and have different rates for weekends.
- Some dumper hire companies will be able to provide an operator as well, so you will need to factor this in to your costs.
- When choosing the dumper you want try and pick the most efficient machine. If you have a large amount of material that needs moving you might be tempted to just go with the rigid dumper. If you are going to be working on uneven terrain or have limited space then the rigid dumper might end up taking a lot longer; you might be better to go with an articulated dumper even though it takes a smaller load. Take all relevant factors into account before choosing your dumper.
- Choose your day for hiring the machinery carefully. Are you ready to use it? Avoid wasting money by having the machine be idle for days at a time.
- Always check any contract carefully for any hidden costs.
↑ Back to Top